Friday, August 26, 2011

A Letter of Gratitude

The title sounds so final, but I don't want it to.  Last night, when I had some free time at midnight, I decided to get a jump on my hop for today.  Unfortunately, my internet was down and it finally kicked in this morning.  However, we're hauling hay today, getting ready for a shipment of cows this weekend, still adding on to our house, going on a campout tonight, trying to grate a huge pile of zuchini and freeze it so it doesn't go bad, and clean the house so I don't come home to an atomic bomb site.  I know you guys just love my to-do lists, (ha-ha) but I feel like I have to explain why I'm taking a sabbatical.

I want to thank my faithful followers with all my heart, and especially those who faithfully checked into my hop every week when I really backed off my blog.  I have come to know so many of you and respect you and your talents.

Thank you so much to those who just joined me and for all of your great comments.  I loved visiting with many of you who popped over when you could and am glad that I could find such a wealth of information and  entertainment by visiting your places.

I plan on coming back, eventually, because I do enjoy writing, and I especially enjoy reading about you and your lives.  I will be checking in with you on and off.  Thanks for the great ride.

A special thanks goes out to my sister-in-law at Saving Cent by Cent for helping me get a blog site and introducing me to a whole new world. You have always supported me and made me feel like I knew what I was doing. You're still my inspiration and I know where to go to find answers to all of my bloggy questions and more.

I also want to send out a big thank-you to Jen at A Book, A Girl, A Journey, Joe at Cranky Old Man, Katherine at Katherine's Corner, Nicole at I'm Staying Home with my Mom!, Geoff at Photokapi, Daisy at Daisy, Roo, and Two, Colleen at A Day in the Life of a Five Foot Mama, Michelle at Heartfelt Balance, Handmade Life, and Marlee at Budgeting During College.  You have become friends and I will definitely be visiting you now and again.

To all of my voiceBoks friends, (unfortunately there are too many of you to mention personally,)  know that I am thinking of you often and plan on returning.  Thanks for the love.

I know I have probably forgotten to mention some that mean a lot to me; please forgive me.  I have had a ton of fun and hopefully will be back soon.  Thanks again!



20 comments:

  1. Oh Melanie, we all understand a hectic schedule! I feel like my life is probably 5 times less busy than yours and I even have trouble finding time to blog like I'd like to. I'm glad that you'll still be posting here and there. I love to read your stories of life on the farm. You make it all so vivid! Thanks for the special mention and for being a loyal follower. I always love your comments and definitely consider you an awesome 'cyber friend'! Have a great day and enjoy your camping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thx to you, you have been a help!


    Cranky Old Man

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please stop by from time to time, I promise to keep My Friday's posts pg-13 or lower in your honor!

    Cranky

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be here when you get back to your blog. Meanwhile I cherish our bloggy friendship and will look forward to your visits. Know that you are thought of and appreciated. Sending hugs and prayers and gratitude your way too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you find time to come back too! You're my favorite rancher/farmgirl blog out there :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's always nice to take a break! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Melanie! I wish you luck in your endeavor. You already amaze me with all that you do... so it's good to see that even superwoman knows her limits. You will be missed. Check in every now and then -- even with just a photo and a word. We will all be here to support you when you return. Best wishes,
    Steph@pendantsbysteph.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Melanie, no problem! You just let us know when you're back posting. I think so many people think running a blog is just playtime, but there's a lot of effort that goes into it, huh. It's better to not have it stress you out, and take the time off:)
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  9. well thank you for providing the entertainment xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so glad to have 'met' you...and can't wait for you to return! I love living a farm/ranch life through you and will be reading again when you come back! Enjoy your time off and hope it doesn't last too long (but I completely understand!) I will miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Melanie, I too am very glad to have met you. You have such a busy life it is amazing you find any time to sleep. I agree with everyone else, I will miss you but totally understand. I will keep an eye out just in case you find a spare moment to drop a quick HI.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We totally understand how busy you are and that life will take you away from blogging at times. I've loved getting to know you and it has been fun having you in the blogging world!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Take care darlin'! I'm going through the same kind of situation myself and rarely have time to blog. Do what you need to do. Real life and family should always come first. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Mel!

    Long long time since I've left comments on your blog. Last time I'd come in to see your blog where you mentioned you were shifting, and now you've already started with your dance group! And that's GREAT! :-D
    I am really happy for you! Sorry to have been absent since a long time, wasn't very active on blogger!
    When your back on your blog, do come visit my blog too. I have chosen you to recieve The Versatile Blogger award!

    Love,
    Khush (the 12 year old, 18)
    www.myendlessthinkingprocess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Melanie I have been living under a rock!!! I knew you were having a break over the US summer so haven't been checking in regularly and Osky got sick again so I've been on a bit of a whirlwind! Thank you very much for your lovely shout out! Please pop by and let me know how you are going, or when you decide to JUMP back in and write again!
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Melanie!
    I just wanted to let you know that I miss you! We'd all like an update on your family and just how everything is going! Hope to see you around soon!

    I'm doing good. Little man isn't so little anymore and this new baby is growing fast. I'm 15 weeks pregnant today! Can't wait for March...

    http://fivefeetoffun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Missing you! Merry Christmas my friend.I hope your holiday is as sweet as you are xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hope everything is going well! Just checking in on you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. thinking of you and hoping you are well. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for sharing. It makes my day!

BlogWithIntegrity.com

I'm Dreaming of...Blog Hops


”Katherines
Photobucket
#ff63e0
Photobucket
A Mommy's Sweet Blog Design Friday Blog Hop
Crazy About My Baybah
rrsahm