Thursday, April 7, 2011

Everything I Learned, I Learned in Kindergarten...and Then Re-learned as a Mom!

Just one of Jentry's style-savvy outfits!

Fashion 204:  I don't really know when it happens.  One day you're dressing them in cute brown and pink striped booties that match the pretty striped bow in their hair, the onesie and diaper cover are identical shades of pink and you have a little summer dress that ties it all together.  The next day you are having to beg them to wear the frilly Easter dress they just got instead of the swimsuit to church.

I think some kids have that sense (or maybe non-sense is a better word) of fashion and some just aren't interested in it.

I have to admit I encourage my children's creativity but sometimes I have to draw the line when we're headed to town shopping.  "Honey, those goggles don't really match your princess shoes.  Why don't you change into your cowgirl boots instead." 

Heading to dance class is a real experience.  You have to have every item of clothing just right.  One constant is her black ballet shoes, which really helps.  And, even Jentry can tell that her tan arm sling she chose out today looks really great with her tan dance tights.

I have come up with four rules about fashion and a four-year-old:
 
  1. The female gender is more affected by this fashion malady than the male.  (Having said that, I think back to the little boy in kindergarten with my son who wore his Spiderman costume for the first five weeks of school.)

  2.  Roller skates match every outfit. (As evidenced by my above picture of Jentry.)

  3.  If your skirt doesn't fit there, put it on somewhere else. ("Oh yes, it does make a very nice headband when it's rolled up that way!")

  4.  It's a good day when they've only worn three outfits and it's almost 9 a.m.  ("The Diego beanie probably looks better with the shirt you had on fifteen minutes ago.")

  5.  When dressing for dinner out, always wear shin guards because you're never sure who will just come up and kick you for no reason.

All I can say is I just don't know where they get it from.  ("Oh Richard, if you look really close, you'll see the green bean baby food right there on my shirt matches these socks!")

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for sharing. It makes my day!

BlogWithIntegrity.com

I'm Dreaming of...Blog Hops


”Katherines
Photobucket
#ff63e0
Photobucket
A Mommy's Sweet Blog Design Friday Blog Hop
Crazy About My Baybah
rrsahm