Monday, May 9, 2011

Above and Beyond: Mother's Day Tribute

Because I take the weekends off from writing blogs, I'm going to extend Mother's Day and give a tribute to my Mother-in-law. If you have been following for a while you'll remember my tribute to my own Mom a month ago. (If you're new, you can check HERE and read about what I gave my Mom for an early Mother's Day gift.)

I was actually very glad it worked out this way, so I could honor both of the wonderful Moms in my life.

The stereotypical mother-in-law has never applied in my case. Since I have known Ann, ahe has always been an inspiration to me. She is a very hard-working, accepting, spiritual, and charitable lady.

I have never seen Ann idle. If her hands aren't working, she's working her mind. Her house is always clean and she has taught me so much about organizing and maintaining a home.

From the time I walked through her door after my first date with Richard, Ann welcomed me. I never felt uncomfortable becuse Ann made me feel like I was her own daughter, and she still does today.

Her love for all those she comes in contact with is admirable and noteworthy. As a missionary for the LDS church, she works the twelve-step program for those striving to overcome drug, (or any other substance,) addiction. For more information on this program, click here. She comes to love these people she serves so much and I know it helps them conquer whatever they may be going through.

Ann is a spiritual giant who puts her trust in our Heavenly Father and works hard to be able to live with Him again. That Spirit is felt in her home and anywhere else she may be.

Ann, I love you so much and feel so blessed to have you in my life. Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for sharing. It makes my day!

BlogWithIntegrity.com

I'm Dreaming of...Blog Hops


”Katherines
Photobucket
#ff63e0
Photobucket
A Mommy's Sweet Blog Design Friday Blog Hop
Crazy About My Baybah
rrsahm