Friday, March 18, 2011

Crowning Moments!

Shaylie, Sara, and Katelyn at their dance competition.  This fabulous team won 1st place in both their dances at last Saturday's competition in Richfield.  Way to go, girls!  Thanks Sara for making an incredible team.

As the sounds of Africa echo from the speakers, the crowd goes silent.  And then, the beat starts.  The dancers that I know so well are at it again, this time with costumes and smiles, stealing the show.  I watch, as if in a trance, at the movement, so well choreographed and executed. 

My little dancers, Shaylie and Katelyn, (Jentry doesn't compete, yet), walked out on stage so confident and I glowed with pride as they nailed not one, but two dances with their Dance Central team.  I love dance and to watch my own girls enjoy it so much is exciting. 

They have put a lot of work into learning their dances at the studio and at home.  A day doesn't go by that I'm not hearing the wild beat of the Waka Waka or the lyrical melody of Alice, (in Wonderland).  My girl's motivation to shine is impressive as they stretch out and practice moves that would keep me paying for a physical therapist for the rest of my life if I were to try them. 

I think it's so awesome when hard work is rewarded.  Dance Central really deserved their recognition.  My girl's excitement at hearing that they had won a first place in both their dances was a celebration for our whole family.  Way to go, girls! 


1 comment:

  1. Great job girls!! That is so exciting!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for sharing. It makes my day!

BlogWithIntegrity.com

I'm Dreaming of...Blog Hops


”Katherines
Photobucket
#ff63e0
Photobucket
A Mommy's Sweet Blog Design Friday Blog Hop
Crazy About My Baybah
rrsahm