Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Tip of the Day: More Mixes!

My Tip of the Day comes from Megan Swapp, a good friend, faithful reader, and mother of nine!  Her comments are always so encouraging and complimentary.  She is an amazing person.  Thank you Megan, for sending these my way.

Megan shares with us today a dry "cream of everything" soup mix and a basic cookie recipe.  I have learned that the easiest way to save money is cent by cent,
 http://savingcentbycent.blogspot.com/ . These recipes are eventually going to save me a lot of money.

 I am especially excited about this cream soup mix.  I can't count how many meals I fix that use cream of chicken, mushroom, or celery soup!

Cream Soup Mix:

2 cups dry milk powder
10 Tbsp cornstarch
1/2 cup mashed potato flakes
1/4 cup chicken bouillon granules
2 Tbsp dried vegetable flakes
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp dried marjoram
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp white pepper
Mix in a food processor or blender until vegetable flakes are finely chopped. Store in an airtight container for up to a year.

To make the equivalent of 1 can of soup, mix 6 Tbsp soup mix with 1 1/3 cups water together and microwave for 2-2 1/2 minutes.
(Fresh or canned mushrooms, canned chicken and fresh celery or celery salt can be added if desired)

Basic Cookie Recipe:

4 cups white flour
4 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups dry milk powder
1 1/2 Tbsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp salt
Mix all ingredient together and store in a tightly covered container.

When you are ready to make cookies, just mix these items together for a basic sugar cookie dough.
2 cups of mix
1/2 cup butter
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla

I'm excited to use these and welcome my readers to share any other dry mixes you have.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for sharing. It makes my day!

BlogWithIntegrity.com

I'm Dreaming of...Blog Hops


”Katherines
Photobucket
#ff63e0
Photobucket
A Mommy's Sweet Blog Design Friday Blog Hop
Crazy About My Baybah
rrsahm