Thursday, March 31, 2011

Everything I Learned, I Learned in Kindergarten...and Then Re-learned as a Mom!

Medical Breakthroughs:  Okay, I have to admit I never did learn these profound truths in kindergarten, however, since they have been revealed during my Mom-hood,  I decided to post them in today's category.  In fact, with the exception of the gum revelation, I gained all of this "knowledge" just yesterday.  I guess it does pay to talk to your kids! 

My seven-year-old, Justin, was eager to share this most fascinating news which he learned about at school. 

Apparently, one of his friend's dads had something way back in his eye.  "They made him poke his eye out."   Then they put in a fake eye that is "just a little bit bigger than a real eye."  It seems the only difference between the fake eye and a real one is the fake eye is not wet because "they forgot to put the ink on it."

"Luckily, there's enough electricity left that he can see with the fake eye on that side." 

I also learned from Jentry, my four-year-old, that the only reason she is washing her hands is so that she doesn't get earthworms in her stomach. (A very good idea, in my opinion.)

My ten-year-old, Shaylie reported that her friend at school has to get an "MRD" on her knee because they can't figure out what's wrong with it.  (I don't know if they ever will with an MRD.)

The old belief that you shouldn't swallow your gum because it takes seven years to digest has been proven false by my one-year-old.  The evidence is in her diaper.  (That fluorescent green gum really stands out.)

Now that I have published these discoveries, I may not have time to write in this blog.  The AMA (American Medical Association) may have me writing for their journals.  I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for sharing. It makes my day!

BlogWithIntegrity.com

I'm Dreaming of...Blog Hops


”Katherines
Photobucket
#ff63e0
Photobucket
A Mommy's Sweet Blog Design Friday Blog Hop
Crazy About My Baybah
rrsahm